Black Bean Croquettes
Looking for something tasty, creative, and healthy for your babies? Then check what we have here for you, broccoli & black bean croquettes. Yummy!
Makes: 18 croquettes
Time: 35 minutes + chilling
Age: 2+ years
250g canned cannellini beans in water, drained
4 Weetabix biscuits
1 garlic clove
1 large egg
2 Tbsp white onion
2 Tbsp fresh parsley
2 tsp chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 200C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, blend together the cannellini beans, broccoli, garlic, breadcrumbs, onion, parsley and chia seeds to a smooth consistency.
- Let the mixture set in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the egg in a small bowl and crumble the Weetabix on a plate to fine crumbs.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture at a time and roll it in your hands to make a ball.
- Dip the croquettes in the egg and then roll them in the Weetabix crumbs.
- Place on the baking tray and bake at 200C for 18-20 minutes or until golden.
- Store unbaked croquettes in the freezer for up to 3 months. Bake them from frozen for 20-25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|Nutrient||per 100g||per serving (31g)|
of which saturates
of which sugars
|Vitamin C||23mg (29%)||7mg|
% reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)