Fish Fingers Recipe with Coconut
Makes: 12 fingers
Time: 30 minutes
Age: 18+ months
260g skinless and boneless haddock fish fillets
1 large egg
1 medium gherkin
Zest of 1 lime
3 Tbsp desiccated coconut
3 Tbsp Panko breadcrumbs
3 Tbsp plain natural yoghurt
2 Tbsp plain flour
2 Tbsp fresh parsley
1 Tbsp fresh coriander
½ tsp capers in water
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Pat dry the fish fillets and cut them into chunky fingers of the same size.
- Thoroughly wash 1 lime and grate the zest.
- Finely chop the coriander and parsley and add them to a plate with the desiccated coconut, breadcrumbs and lime zest. Mix well to combine.
- Beat the egg in a shallow bowl and put the flour on another plate.
- Coat each finger in the flour, then dip in the egg and then cover with the coconut breadcrumbs. Place on the baking tray.
- Bake at 200C for 15-18 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Meanwhile, rinse the capers under running water to remove excess salt.
- Finely chop the capers and gherkin and mix in a bowl with the yoghurt.
- You can freeze uncooked leftover fingers for up to 3 months. Bake from frozen at 200C for 20-25 minutes or until thoroughly cooked and golden.
- Serve the fish with the dip and enjoy!
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|Nutrient||per 100g||per serving (39g)|
of which saturates
of which sugars
|Vitamin B 12||
% reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)