Yogurt Panna Cotta for Healthy Breakfast
Try the most appetizing yogurt panna cotta recipe Add some orange juice, peach and some milk for a healthy breakfast for your kids.
Makes: 6 portions
Time: 20 minutes + chilling
Age: 12+ months
175ml whole milk
100ml plain natural yoghurt
50ml pure orange juice
1 medium ripe peach
1 gelatin leaf
2 tsp almond flour
2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- In a shallow bowl, soak the gelatine leaf in cold water for 5 minutes, until soft.
- Gently warm up the milk in a small saucepan over low heat for 1-2 minutes but don’t allow it to boil.
- Drain the gelatine and squeeze out any excess water.
- Add the gelatine to the milk, take off the heat and stir well to dissolve.
- Allow the milk to cool slightly in a bowl and then add the yoghurt, orange juice and vanilla extract. Mix well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into 6 ramekins, cover them with cling film and place in the fridge to set for 4 to 6 hours.
- Meanwhile, peel the peach, remove the pit and chop into chunks.
- In a small saucepan, put the peach, lemon juice and 3 Tbsp of water and cook on a low heat for 8-10 minutes, until soft. Take off the heat.
- Pour the peach into a blender, add the almond flour and blend until smooth. If the puree is too thick, add some water to get a smooth pouring consistency.
- When the panna cotta is set, turn it out on a plate and drizzle with the peach sauce.
- Store the panna cotta and sauce in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
|Nutrient||per 100g||per serving (81g)|
of which saturates
of which sugars
% reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)