Carrot and Appricot Bars for Kids
Makes: 25 bars
Time: 10 minutes + chilling
Age: 12+ months
150g dried apricots
120g rolled oats
2 Tbsp sunflower oil
2 Tbsp sunflower seeds
2 Tbsp almonds
2 Tbsp hazelnuts
1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Line a square 20x20cm baking tray with parchment paper, leaving enough paper to wrap around the bars and cover the top.
- In a blender, add the carrots, cauliflower, apricots, nuts, seeds, oil and cinnamon. Blitz until smooth.
- Put the mixture in a bowl and add the oats. Mix well to combine.
- Spoon the mixture in the baking tray and spread it evenly with a spatula. Smooth the top and wrap the parchment paper around it.
- Place in the fridge to set for 3h or until firm.
- Cut into bars and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information Typical Values:
Nutrient per 100g per serving (30g) Energy
of which saturates
of which sugars
Protein 4.9g 1.5g Salt 0.06g 0.02g Thiamin (B1) 0.29mg (26%) 0.09mg Biotin (B7) 8.95ug (18%) 2.69ug
% reference intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)