Operations Manager Role
At bamboo bamboo we only make cute things and are passionate about making plant based children’s products. We've got big plans for product development and marketing, so we’re looking for an Operations Manager to manage logistics and make our plans come to life.
As the Operations Manager, you’ll be responsible for managing all things related to inventory - the entire product production cycle, 3PL and fulfillment center relationships. This job is of critical importance since the efficient handling of the company’s products and supplies is critical to attain business goals.
A successful Operations Manager is a reliable professional with excellent record-keeping abilities for inventory management. You possess great attention to detail and a business mindset for strategic planning , forecasting and negotiations.
The goal is to ensure that all business operations have adequate material to achieve their objectives.
- Devise ways to optimize inventory control procedures
- Inspect the levels of business supplies and raw material to identify shortages
- Ensure product stock is adequate for all distribution channels and can cover direct demand from customers
- Record daily deliveries and shipments to reconcile inventory
- Use software to monitor demand and document characteristics of inventory
- Place orders to replenish stock avoiding insufficiencies or excessive surplus
- Analyze data to forecast and anticipate future needs
- Evaluate suppliers to achieve cost-effective deals and maintain trust relationships
- Collaborate with warehouse employees and other staff to ensure business goals are met
- Report to upper management on stock levels, issues etc.
- Manage third party logistics (suppliers, distribution, fulfillment centers)
- Proven experience as an operations manager, inventory manager or similar position
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Working knowledge of inventory management software
- Ability to accurately track inventory and create reports
- An analytical mind with strong math skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Reliable and trustworthy
- BSc/BA in business administration. logistics or relevant field;
- Relevant qualifications (e.g. CPIM) will be a plus
Send CV to Jennifer Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org along with approximately 400 words on why bamboo bamboo and what interests you in this role. Apply by MAY 30, 2020.